Thursday, April 3, 2008

Prolactin Levels

I hadn't thought about it before, but it was suggested that I find out what Carl's Prolactin Level was when he had it checked. Normal Prolactin levels are between 2.1 and 17.7. On March 19, Carl's Prolactin level was 517.3.

I'm waiting to find out exactly where in his head the tumor is located. I am on some support group websites, which helps because I'm finding out more information daily to help us better understand this disease. I will keep all of you updated on my findings.

I am also going to find a physician who specializes in neuro eye problems to get Carl's eyes examined. I think we'll wait until after we see the Endocrinologist because I want to see if he knows someone to refer us to.

There is an association, if you're interested. It's called The Pituitary Network Association. It's created by a man named Robert Knutzen. The website is http://www.pituitary.org/. This website states "Sixty-five million North Americans suffer silently from pituitary and hormonal disorders." That's one in five people.

Here are some symptoms of a Pituitary Disorder from the website:

Headaches
Depression
Mood/Emotion Swings
Anger
Loss of Memory
Loss of Sleep
Sexual Dysfunction
Eating Disorders - Anorexia - Obesity - Bulimia - Weight Gain
Lethargy
Weakness in Limbs
High Blood Pressure
Diabetes
Infertility
Impotence
Irregular Menses
Lactating
Unusual Hair Growth

No comments: