Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Headaches

As much as Carl says it's not really a big problem and there's really no change, he's getting more painful headaches. Tonight, while I was working, he could barely function. He told me later they were so bad, he couldn't move. He just put his head back on the couch and closed his eyes. He said it took everything he had to get up.

I know he doesn't want me to stress. But, really?

We talked some about Power of Attorney's tonight. Since there is the slight chance he would have to go in for surgery, we want to make sure everything is in place. We talked some about setting up wills, trusts, etc.

Carl keeps saying, "They do brain surgery all the time." Sure. But, they don't do brain surgery on him all the time and as great of doctors as they might be, they are only human.

Maybe we're talking too early for this. We only want to make sure we have all our ducks in order. I don't like this reality of all these "just in case" topics. Especially since it is potentially real now.

I just hope that we are psyching ourselves out and it is treatable with medication. I pray it is. Please pray for Carl.

No comments: