Saturday, March 22, 2008

So Carl has a tumor...first blog

So, Carl has a tumor. My husband has a brain tumor. The doctor says it's not life-threatening. She says it's benign and will not turn cancerous. Everything I've read even says that. But, I still worry. It's my husband. It's the father of my children.

Philippians 4:6 says, "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God."

So, I will pray. I won't pray for God to take away the tumor, as bad as I want Him to. I want Him to do a lot of things right now. But, I learned a long time ago that's not how it works. So, all I can do is pray that He will take care of it the way that's according to His plan. What a bittersweet feeling because I'm so anxious to see what He does have planned, yet I'm also terrified.

But, we aren't going to sit back and think for the worst. I will expect for the worst and hope for the best. On April 10, when we go to see the Endocrinologist, we will then know our next step.

Until then, please pray for Carl. He gets bad headaches and is still experiencing some blurred vision. I don't even know what to pray for. I will pray that God helps us find strength within ourselves to get through all of this, no matter what the outcome.

No comments: